Wood-Frame Ceiling Hanger
Secured to wood-frame construction (e.g., joists, trusses), ICW incorporates a one-inch (1") rated deflection spring in series with a neoprene cup to resiliently support one or more layers of gypsum board. The unique design of the ICW bracket allows the isolator to be installed on the joists to optimize ceiling height. A channel clip/leveling rod assembly is designed to carry a single piece of 1-1/2" x 1/2" 16-gage steel carrying channel. Drywall furring channel is attached to the carrying channel. The system provides the installer with a means for leveling the isolated ceiling framing. Gypsum board attaches quickly and easily thanks to a spacer bracket that holds the isolator rigid until the weight of the gypsum board compresses the spring. Incorporate ICW into any isolated ceiling design where one-inch (1") rated spring deflection and minimal reduction in ceiling height are needed for superior performance coupled with low-profile design.
- Maximum natural frequency of 4.4 Hz under lightest typical load conditions.
- STC 59, IIC 52 with ICW attached to 2" x 10" joists and suspending two (2) layers of gypsum board with 3-1/2" fiberglass batt in airspace.
- Multiple features incorporated into the design ensure inexpensive installation.
- Spring/neoprene cup combination improves performance against low-frequency noise.
- Actual installed load can vary between 75% and 150% of rated load without significant impact to ceiling performance.
ICW Detail Drawing
UL Fire Ratings
- Go to UL Online Certifications Directory
- Type Kinetics Noise Control in the 'Company Name' box
- Links to our listings will be displayed
Design No. L581 Framing Members
Floor/Ceiling Assembly using various structural wood and wood/steel members. See Item 6 in listing. Use two (2) layers gypsum board for superior sound control and 1-hour unrestrained assembly rating.
Design No. L521
Floor/Ceiling Assembly using parallel chord wood trusses. See Item 6C in listing. Use two (2) layers of gypsum board for superior sound control and 1-hour unrestrained assembly rating.
Design No. P522
Roof/Ceiling Assembly using either pitched or parallel chord wood trusses. See Item 6B in listing. Use two (2) layers gypsum board for superior sound control and 1-hour unrestrained assembly rating.
Framing Members Certified by UL for Canada
Design Nos. L516, L521, L581, P522.