Secured to wood-frame construction (e.g., joists, trusses), Model ICW incorporates a one-inch (1") rated deflection spring in series with a neoprene cup to resiliently support one or more layers of gypsum board. The unique design of the Model ICW bracket allows the isolator to be installed on the joists to optimize ceiling height. A channel clip/leveling rod assembly is designed to carry a single piece of 1-1/2" x 1/2" 16-gage steel carrying channel. Drywall furring channel is attached to the carrying channel. The system provides the installer with a means for leveling the isolated ceiling framing. Gypsum board attaches quickly and easily thanks to a preload spacer that holds the isolator rigid until the weight of the gypsum board compresses the spring. Incorporate Model ICW into any isolated ceiling design where one-inch (1") rated spring deflection and minimal reduction in ceiling height are needed for superior performance coupled with low-profile design.
- Maximum natural frequency of 4.4 Hz under lightest typical load conditions.
- STC 76, IIC 62 with Model ICW attached to 2" x 10" joists and suspending two (2) layers of gypsum board with 3-1/2” fiberglass batt in airspace.
- Multiple features incorporated into the design ensure inexpensive installation.
- Spring/neoprene cup combination improves performance against low-frequency noise.
- Actual installed load can vary between 75% and 150% of rated load without significant impact to ceiling performance.
- STC/IIC Sound Test Data
- Data Sheet
- Selection and Installation Guidelines
- LEED Analysis: Model ICW