The noise source is an outdoor air-cooled chiller. Noise is emanating into critical areas: screw compressors (on the bottom of the unit) generate mid/hi frequency noise; Up-blast fans (on the top) generate low frequency noise.
A common but inadequate attempt to control the noise is to wrap the compressors with massloaded vinyl jackets. This rarely solves the noise problem.
- Equipment warranty
- Electrical/Building codes
- Equipment ventilation
- Noise ordinance
- Location of equipment relative to critical areas
- Maintenance access
- Structural issues - seismic, drainage, wind loading, footings, tie-ins, etc.
KINETICS OFFERS: Proper Acoustical Design
Three and four-sided Model STL, acoustical barrier wall systems, allowing sufficient space between barrier/chiller as well as equipment and access doors as required. Add on KCAL acoustical louvered skirt for ventilation. Add on VAR acoustical louvered roof system to redirect noise from critical areas, achieving maximum noise reduction at a very low pressure drop. Systems can be located on grade or rooftop.
Noise Reduction (Typical)
- Walls (Reduction): 18-23 dBA
- Baffled Top (Reduction): 8-10 dBA
- P(Sys.) = 0.10" Wg
Standard Products; Custom Engineered
Our knowledge and experience save time and money. Modular units ship knocked down for easy transport and quick field assembly. Product manufactured from galvanized steel or aluminum and can be factory powder-coated or field painted.
NOISEBLOCK™ STL and HTL Panel Performance, Various Skin Types
Sound Transmission Loss per ASTM E90
|Octave Band Number||2||3||4||5||6||7||STC|
|Center Frequency (Hz)||125||250||500||1000||2000||4000||---|
|NOISEBLOCK™ (STL)-2" (18s/22p)||17||23||34||47||55||57||37|
|NOISEBLOCK™ (STL)-2" (18s/22s)||17||29||45||55||58||58||41|
|NOISEBLOCK™ (STL)-4" (18s/22p)||21||28||39||48||56||58||40|
|NOISEBLOCK™ (STL)-4" (18s/22s)||21||34||52||58||60||60||44|
|NOISEBLOCK™ (HTL)-4" (16s/22p)||27||34||48||61||66||70||48|
|NOISEBLOCK™ (HTL)-4" (16s/22s)||27||39||59||68||67||72||52|
- 18s/22p: 18 gage solid outer skin and 22 gage perforated inner skin
- 18s/22s: 18 gage solid outer skin and 22 gage solid inner skin
- 16s/22p: 16 gage solid outer skin and 22 gage perforated inner skin
- 16s/22s: 16 gage solid outer skin and 22 gage solid inner skin
- STL: Standard Transmission Loss
- HTL: High Transmission Loss