Sound Attenuator Selection Software and Acoustical Duct System Analysis
Kinetics Noise Control, Inc. can save you time and money by working with you to design economically quiet duct systems. We do this by offering you, at no cost, access to our one-of-a-kind on-line silencer database, selection and duct analysis program. The program incorporates the most up-to-date design analysis algorithms recognized by ASHRAE. It dramatically reduces your engineering time, while designing quiet duct systems.
The program provides you with a complete eight-octave band acoustical analysis. It takes into account natural attenuation of duct and fittings, sound power splits, end reflection, insertion loss of insulated duct and fittings and the critical space/room attenuation. It allows entry of any manufacturer’s sound power level data as well as any manufacture’s equipment sound level used in the system. It is a true, model-all program. The program produces a report that displays whether or not your design meets your required noise level within the critical space. If the sound levels are not met, the program will automatically chooses a duct silencer for you based on your allowable height, width, and length and pressure loss. A final analysis report is produced for you to place in your project file for future reference.
The program has been developed with you in mind.
The features and benefits of this program for Acoustical Consultants, Mechanical Engineers and Designers are:
- Complete duct silencer database of hundreds of models of rectangular and circular silencers
- Reliable performance data backed by independent tests per ASTM E-447, AMCA 1011 all in a NVLAP accredited laboratory
- Match-the-duct sizes
- Edit on the "fly"
- Duct system acoustical analysis with detailed analysis report
- Designed for mechanical engineers, duct designers, students and those specifying duct, ventilation and fan silencers
- Fast and easy manual silencer selection
- Automatic silencer selection
- Silencer construction details per SMACNA construction standards
- Detailed, project specific submittal forms for printing and e-mailing
- Down-loadable silencer specifications
- Automatic silencer schedule generation with exportable features into CAD design packages
- Real-time updates no need to worry if you have the current update, you will always have the most recent updates
- Unfettered access, 24/7, all you need is access to the Internet and you are ready
Access to this program is provided as a free service to our customers. Access Kinetics Silencers Online and select the option for "New User". For an in-house demonstration please contact your local Kinetics Noise Control commercial silencer representative.