STEALTH Diffusers are 2D (two-dimensional) diffusers that scatter sound energy horizontally and vertically, thanks to
the random elevations and varied patterns of STEALTH’s surface.
STEALTH Diffusers expand the listener’s sound field for a more enveloping experience.
STEALTH Diffusers are installed in a Kinetics StretchTRAK™ system or other stretched-fabric
acoustical systems, where they disappear from view.
- Scatters sound energy into the room by controlling harsh, specular reflections
- Improves sound clarity and uniformity throughout the listening space
- Adds a sense of spaciousness and balance in critical listening rooms
- Expands the sound field for a more lifelike listening experience
- Improves speech intelligibility
- Controls flutter echo on parallel walls
STEALTH Diffusers are manufactured in a black thermo-molded, rigid copolymer material to provide cost-effective diffusion for home theaters,
home studios, two-channel rooms, and other critical listening environments.
STEALTH Diffuser dimensions are 20-1/2" W x 44-1/2" H. They can be oriented horizontally or vertically. They are available in three thicknesses
that fit within 1-inch, 2-inch and 4-inch stretched-fabric acoustical systems.
STEALTH Diffusers are made of thermo-molded copolymer materials in a rigid form.
20-1/2" x 44-1/2" x 3-1/4" deep
|Use in 4" StretchTRAK Systems
20-1/2" x 44-1/2" x 1-5/8" deep
|Use in 2" StretchTRAK Systems
20-1/2" x 44-1/2" x 3/4" deep
|Use in 1" StretchTRAK Systems
STEALTH Diffusers are installed on walls and ceilings, according to the acoustical room design. Although installation is typically done by
Kinetics-certified StretchTRAK system installers, STEALTH Diffusers can be installed by following the guidelines below.
- Tools and hardware needed
- Utility Knife
- Construction Adhesive
- Drywall screws (length)
- STEALTH 1 (1-inch)
- STEALTH 2 (1-1/4 inch)
- STEALTH 4 (2-1/2 inch)
- Mark the surface area where the diffuser will be placed.
- Apply construction adhesive on the back of the diffuser, where contact will be made with the wall or ceiling.
- Run drywall screws through the face to hold in place while adhesive cures.
- If necessary, diffusers can be cut with a table saw or sharp utility knife to fit an appropriate size for the intended area.