- Subfloor shall be clean, flat, and level.
- Ensure a strong, rigid subfloor with deflection not exceeding 1/360 of the span, including live and dead loads.
- Max. variation in the slab shall be 1/4‐inch in 10‐feet and 1/8‐inch in 4 feet from the required plane.
- Slope of subfloor shall not exceed 1/4‐inch per foot.
- Fill cracks and remove residue.
- DO NOT use Ultra Quiet SR Floorboard to bridge spans or low areas in the subfloor.
- If a waterproof membrane is used, it shall be load bearing.
- Concrete subfloor shall be troweled smooth, free from spills/voids, and be clean and dry.
- Wood subfloors shall be free of weak spots, squeaks, protruding nails, screws, staples, and be clean and dry.
- Kinetics Noise Control SRP Perimeter Interface
Isolators installed at the perimeter must be located not more than 12" from the edge of the isolated ceiling; maintain at
least a three-inch clearance from the perimeter.1-1/2" x 1/2", 16-gage cold-rolled channel.
Apply spray adhesive (such as Camie 363 High Strength Fast Tack Spray Adhesive), following manufactures directions, to one
side of Kinetics SRP perimeter interface material (alternatively double‐sided tape may be used).
Firmly adhere it to any wall or vertical position (including door frames) surrounding the perimeter of the Ultra Quiet SR
Floorboard installation area.
Adhere Kinetics SRP to any protrusions through the floor system including floor drains, columns, pipes, conduit, etc
following steps 1‐3.
Note: Never attach the perimeter interface with nails, screws, or staples.
- Ultra Quiet SR Floorboard
Lay Ultra Quiet SR Floorboard over designated area, do not use adhesive, do not overlay or leave gaps between the sheets
or at perimeter.
Do not tape the seams or joints.
Keep traffic on Ultra Quiet SR Floorboard to an absolute minimum.
Note: Never attach the Ultra Quiet SR Floorboard with nails, screws, or staples.
- Option A) Wire‐reinforced mortar bed, lightweight concrete
Place a single layer of 6‐mil poly sheeting with 6 to 8‐inch overlap on top of Ultra Quiet SR Floorboard and Kinetics SRP
Install mortar bed or lightweight concrete as directed by manufacturer.
a. Suggested thickness for mortar bed is between 1‐1/4 and 2‐inches, inclusive (TCA #F111‐96).
b. Suggested reinforcing is 2‐inch x 2‐inch x 16/16 gauge welded wire mesh (TCA #RF900‐96).
Proceed to step 14.
Wire Reinforced Mortar Bed, Lightweight Concrete - Option A
- Option B) Gypsum concrete
Place a single layer of moisture barrier such as Maxxon Moistop (or approved equal) with taped seams
on top of Ultra Quiet SR Floorboard and Kinetics SRP perimeter isolation board.
Lay galvanized diamond mesh metal lath weighing 3.4 lbs/sq. yd. with 1 to 2-inch overlapping seams
loosely over the moisture barrier.
Pour 1-1/2-inch thick layer of Gypsum Concrete such as Maxxon Gyp-Crete 2000, DuraCap, ThermaFloor,
or Level-Right (or approved equal).
Proceed to step 14.
Gypsum Concrete - Option B
- Option C) Plywood and OSB (Oriented Strand Board)
Optionally, lay builders felt or 6-mil poly sheeting with 6 to 8-inch overlap on top of the Ultra Quiet SR
Floorboard. Do not adhere felt or sheeting to the Kinetics Ultra Quiet SR Floorboard.
Note: Do not adhere or fasten the plywood to the Ultra Quiet SR Floorboard.
Lay down first layer of ½-inch thick plywood or OSB with joints staggered in relationship to Ultra Quiet SR
Trowel glue across the top of first layer of plywood or OSB.
Lay down second layer of ½-inch thick plywood or OSB layer oriented 90 degrees and with joints staggered at
least 12-inches in relationship to first plywood layer.
Note: Finished flooring manufacturers often require 1/8-inch gap between top layer of plywood or OSB sheets
to allow for expansion
Secure plywood or OSB layers together with 7/8-inch long screws spaced within 3-inches of the edges and spaced
no greater than 8-inches in the field.
Note: Do not nail, screw, and/or staple into the Ultra Quiet SR Floorboard with fasteners.
Proceed to step 14.
Plywood or OSB - Option C
- Finished Flooring, Sealing and Molding
Install finish flooring according to manufacturer’s directions.
a. DO NOT install finish flooring over Kinetics SRP perimeter interface.
b. DO NOT allow hard grout to come in contact with the wall.
Trim Kinetics SRP to top of floor system.
Seal the perimeter with a permanently resilient acoustical or elastomeric sealant.
Install molding around perimeter of floor while maintaining an 1/8 inch gap between the molding and the finished floor.